Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, February 04, 2010

From Year 2009, June to Year 2010, February

It's amazing how I've managed to procrastinate and only update my long-forgotten blog now. I suppose I've gotten to the point where I need to vent something out somewhere and I've decided to come back to my lonely place of solitude. In a way, I'm glad that not many visit my page; or maybe even none now, which makes it even better for me, especially now...

Summarizing a little bit of year 2009, there were many a things that happened, including my beginning of practice during practicum which was all over the place. I hardly knew what to do when I was thrown deep into the pit and was expected to "help" people, instead of drown them along in my almost-untrained-skills. However, I was able to survive the ordeal and have since been practising as I'm doing my internship now. Truthfully, I don't think I've gone a milestone with what I'm doing now. It feels like I haven't done any serious counseling ever since it started; or maybe I have without my realization but I have not conceptualized any case so far. Hmm... Come to think about it, I believe I could have done so with some of my cases and I missed the opportunity. I am currently serving my internship stint in Hospice Klang. It's an NGO which caters to advanced cancer patients, mainly in the provision of pain-management. I'm sort-of their "guinea pig" of beginning the branch of emotional support for patients and family members. It is sesiously not an easy task. I hear referrals almost every single day and death news almost every week. Patients that I've bonded with left very abruptly, way before the time of their expected demise. Well, I suppose that's part and parcel of life - nothing is as predictable as it seems. I did learn a whole lot of medicinal knowledge, apart from brushing my counseling skills. I know the names of medicine and their functions and I also know how to measure BP now! Yay! The doctor and nurse actually seriously recommended me to take up medicine as they see potential in me being a good doctor. Haha... I appreciate their thoughtfulness and it will be a thought at the back of my head for a long long time but I suppose an ideal that I will not fulfil...

I really left out quite a whole chunk of 2009, didn't I? Was just thinking about my long long holiday with Hc. Should've looked at the dates and calculated that "feng shui" before we decided on the holiday. It didn't go as smooth as planned. I fell sick in Singapore and our hotel was way far from the mrt station. Then I was down with ulcers and was complaining all the way, so much so that I could hardly savor anything down my throat in Club Med!!! Then when I got better, Hc was down with food-poisoning in Redang. What a trip!

My birthday and Christmas was quiet as Hc was all the way in Teluk Intan. It's ok. It was part of the deal. Let's hope my "investment" pays back in the end. Haha... It doesn't sound very nice is it when I use the word investment. Well then, let's hope my commitment and devotion is reciprocated...

I had the biggest present from Hc when he got me something really expensive (which covers my birthday, Christmas, our 7th anniversary and Valentine's day). No, it's not an engagement ring. Haha... It's a piece of elecronic item which to me, is very costly though it may not to others. I really appreciate his thoughtfulness. I suppose my feelings are reciprocated after all (not that I'm measuring it with material value haha...).

Crossing my fingers for a smooth sailing year ahead!

No comments: