Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, February 04, 2010

~Heavy heavy day~ Alone versus Lonely~

Got up early in the morning just to be bombarded by unexpected emotional turmoil...

From the start itself, I know we were putting in extra effort. It wasn't asked of us but we insisted on doing it, never expecting a "Thank you" or any other words of appreciation (at least I did it with total consent of the lack of support).

Personally, I know I didn't put in as much as effort as she did. All I did was just choosing and scanning the pictures, at most cropped here and there a bit. But she put in much more effort than necessary and I really give her the credit for having to put in so much time and dedication to the utmost outcome of the whole project. I was amazed by the progress that she managed to make in the past 2-3 days. I wouldn't have been able to produce such results, if I were in her position. I don't dare to take in the credit for what she has done. It's all hers and hers alone.

And now, having coming to the wrapping of the project, we're faced with obstacles, huge ones and these are none other than "people". It wasn't the material resources that we lack; it's the people that we have trouble connecting with. At times, I wished that they weren't so wrapped up in their own world that they turn oblivious to others around them. The project wasn't about them per say in the first place. It was done for the benefit of others too, a memorabilia of the bits and pieces through out the years that they're endured together. All we needed was for them to speak a few words or two, words of encouragement to their fellow colleagues but I suppose they placed far more importance in their ego above everything else. I was disappointed having been turned down once but I got more disappointed when I got smacked the rejection for the second time; whatmore from a person whom I'm closer to. The hurt runs deeper when closer bonds come into the picture. I was drowning in my misery at being given such a negative reaction that I just poured my tears out to the extent that I was struggling for breath. That was how hurt I was! I had the impulse to just vent out, letting that person know that I do not wish to be embroiled in the midst of all the conflict that he was involved in with whoever. I had no part to play in that. All I asked for a short, simple request and all I got was a painful thrust into my heart. Well, it wasn't as serious as I described. He didn't do much but the words to me, were closer to heart and therefore, more hurtful, that's all... I later got an apology call and that brought more tears because I know it wasn't an easy gesture for him. A simple "sorry" was not a simple task for him to say, especially to me. I appreciated that. I then replied him a thank you and letting him know that I was partially at fault for not asking his opinion of the matter (he gave a 2nd call and told me about his frustration of which I didn't know how to respond because I was chocked by tears)...

Having put this aside, I wanted comfort and so I called the person so dear to me to hear a word or two from him, or at least to listen to his voice and I ended having to apologize for disrupting his busy morning. I knew that he was hell busy but it wasn't a call meant to disturb. All I wanted was comfort, that's all..... But no, it just added to my emotional turmoil....

I then came to the realization that no matter how people around me are always there for me, I am nonetheless in a journey all by myself, without anyone to turn to for comfort in moments of need. Such hipocracy in what I preach and yet unable to live up to. Therefore, the question: Am I alone or am I lonely?

An emotional roller-coaster ride indeed....

A whole lot of disappointments in one heck-of-a short morning...

No comments: