Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, March 20, 2009

~One of my worst weeks~

I'm suppose to "fan tai sui" this year - those born in the year of ox will not be experiencing a smooth year, or so I've been told. I guess I would agree to a certain extent considering the events that have unfolded since the recent Monday (16/03/2009).

It was another Monday where I would somewhat reluctantly motivate myself to attend yet another night class in college. As usual, I left home at 5.45pm and the journey seemed like any other nights; there was no indication whatsoever about any mishap that was about to befall the innocent me.

It was raining lightly when I took a right turn at the traffic light, as I drove towards Jalan Dungun nearby my college. There were a few cars turning right to join the slow crawling traffic which was congested by cars moving towards the heart of the city. This was when my misfortune took place - malang indeed tidak berbau...

The taxi in front of me took an abrupt halt which of course made me jammed my breaks to the maximum. I believe I was able to stop in time but the car behind me, unfortunately, had to bump right into my right side bumper. That time, I knew I had been sandwiched in between a taxi and a gold-colored atos. Rain started to get heavier but I was in no mood at all to hold any umbrellas. The back plate number of the taxi came off one-sided because of the slight bump and the taxi-lou, who was a 50++ year old man with white hair, wanted me to compensate RM20 for the repair of his plate number. I didn't want trouble, neither did he; so, that was easily settled or I thought so at that time because only later did I realize that my front hood was compressed inward!

As for my back bumper.... The lady who was in her 30s and looked like an OL, was sulking when she came down from her car with her umbrella held high. I remember her asking/ interrogating me, "How could you suddenly stop like that?" I just answered, "I've already stepped on my brakes as much as I could and I still couldn't brake in time." A friend told me that I should've just replied, "Hello... The taxi stopped. What did you expect me to do? Accelerate instead of stepping on the brakes?!" My dad too said he would be darn pist with the lady. I was actually naive enough to tell the lady that it was my first accident. Haha.. Lucky for me, she wasn't like any mean or unscrupulous, non-sensible driver on the road. She claimed that it was her first accident too. As I had no experience whatsoever, I called my dad. He told me to ask the lady how did she intend to solve the problem - to settle or to report to the police. She seemed blur as hell and the decision was up to me. By that time, two helpful men (kae-pos) already had their car - one tow-truck and a persona (I think) - parked. It was obvious that they were there for business. They were somewhat convincing me to settle it outside and not report to the police and how they offered to tow our cars to their nearest workshop. In the end, my dad just decided that we would report instead of going through the hassle of waiting and negotiating. The lady was open to my suggestion while the two men looked disappointed. One of them even offered to help me turn the tables in a way to show that the accident wasn't my fault but the lady's. I was thinking - the taxi-lou didn't wanna get involved in this accident; so all in all, it was me, the victim, whose car got crashed at the back by another lady! I attended class that night anyway although I could hardly concentrate. I had to endure the horrible sound all the way back home because the bumper was pressed against my back tyre.

What's the irony in this accident? Remember the bump that I had in January because of my carelessness when I was reversing the car? The new bump is exactly the same spot as the old bump! *Picture below as reminder*

Latest accident - side view.

Back view.

Close up.

The front hood that got compressed inwards as a result of the bump with the front taxi.

The next day, my dad and I had to go all the way to Damansara to make the report, only to realize that we had to go all the way to Petaling street to report at the traffic polica station over there. We had to wait about 1.5 hours just to see the sargeant and we were told that the lady had already lodged a report in the afternoon. No worries, the fault was still on her side. I was already late for a replacement class (masters class) when we were done with all the hustle and bustle of police report. My dad offered to drive my kerepot car back while I drove his innova. There was a BMW blocking his car and she intended to drive away when she saw me going into the innova. I didn't know what the hell was going through my mind while I was reversing the huge car. I paid too much attention to my left and I somehow neglected my right. Despite the reverse sensor ringing loudly in my ear, I stubbornly reversed.... And yes, there was another bump! This time, it was the BMW. Just before I drove my dad's car, I had this thought about how I might involve myself in an accident while reversing the car and deja vu... It happened as "anticipated.".. I immediately picked up my phone, wanting to call my dad only to press the speed dial to dial Hc's number. Gosh! Seriously... Citing my previous blog - WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME??!!

Lucky me because there were only light scratches on the BMW. I was grateful that the lady was a darn nice one. She even comforted me not to be so panicky. Probably, she was afraid I'd be overwhelmed if she had confronted me otherwise. No compensation whatsoever... Phew!


I think this was the scar on my dad's car. The thing is there are too many scratches on my dad's car that it's hard to identify which was it. That also explains why no one in the family noticed. Haha...

The two-day incidents really got me distracted. I even vomited on Monday night. Some would suggest that I was experiencing Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) which I can very surely deny. Most likely I hadn't been eating right that day. Hc said I wasn't concentrating at all. I must agree... It was like my 2/3 accidents in 2 months this year, after driving for almost 6 years!

What a week....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hei lady..
what's wrong with u???
a black friday??
u should go to bai bai la..

~Jacqueline_ch~ said...

I already prayed at the beginning of the year right before or maybe after CNY. I wished it had worked haha... Not a black Friday but a black black week...