Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, November 28, 2008

~What do I want?~

In my last post, I mentioned that I was offered a lecturer position to teach general psychology subjects in HELP's very own Matriculation Program. I sent in my CV anyways despite not having made a decision. And now I have an interview scheduled after my exams next week.

My head is filled with questions. I'm kinda anxious and yet excited. I seriously have no idea if this is the step that I want to take.

I mean.. I know I enjoy teaching but lecturing is a totally different experience. And that would also mean that I'll be back to my regular 9-5 working hours. The good will be that I'm gonna have a stable pay and I would say it's a good stepping stone in my teaching career. I don't have to worry about student's cancelling classes and counting the pay that I get every month... However, there are things that I'm gonna have to give up now for that job, the biggest thing being my time flexibility. Location is not a big problem although I'll need to wake up very early and come back late to avoid the jam, not to mention the parking and toll fee. But it's also an advantage cos I'll be able to attend class right after I finish work. As I mentioned, the biggest disadvantage would be time. I won't have the luxury of taking my own sweet time to finish my assignments and study for exams. I won't have the luxury to wake up anytime I want (hehe) and plan my leisure activities whenever I like. I'm not sure if I'm ready to give that up at the moment....

I'm thinking if this opportunity came towards the end of my masters program, then I probably won't hesitate so much. I'll probably have more confidence by then, knowing what I wanna do and where to head. Another thing is that, my job as a home tutor is beginning to establish more now and I'm expecting more stable pay. Is opportunity knocking at my door at the wrong time?

I'm talking like as if I've already gotten the position. Haha...

I love both teaching and psychology and this is indeed a good opportunity to merge both my interest. The question is...

Am I ready?

No comments: