Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, December 14, 2008

~Super Crazy J-Card Day~

Went to my second J-Card day on last Wednesday. Have joined the crowd once in BBK Jusco and this time, I decided to blend in with the crowd again despite my experience of being suffocated before. I reached AEON Bukit Tinggi about 9.30am with Hw and his girl. We even saw an ambulance parked outside - precaution for black-out incidents. That was the anticipation of how crowded the place was going to be.

At first glance, it was just like any other day and I was taking my own sweet time looking at the one lingerie that I've been eyeing so long. To my utmost disappointment, the thing that brought me to JJ was NOT ON SALE (ON J-CARD DAY) as it was an agent controlled item. So, I was left with the mission of claiming my mom and sister's lingerie and buying my brother's clothes. Ky was there with me at the lingerie booth, claiming her package as well. My mom and sister had booked theirs two days ago and their number was E11 while Ky's was Z stg. Many had also booked theirs days earlier and the letters went from A-Z! Can u imagine the stack of plastic bags? They even seggregrated the letters to different corners e.g. A-J, J-S, S-Z (something like that) and all along with their list of numbers. The number of people entering Jusco started to increase. By 11am, the whole place was a mess and I was gasping for air. There were slow crawls everywhere with trolleys blocking the way. The line for the changing rooms were long; the cashier lines were even longer! You can hear people shouting to one another from two far corners and mothers trying to get their children to try on as many clothes as possible, without even going into the changing room. Havoc was the only word to describe the situation...

I followed Ky to claim another package of her sister's in one of the booths. It seemed that almost every booth had its own booking station. "Smarter" people had come earlier to test and all they have to do was to pay on that day to obtain the RM10 voucher (every RM100 receipt to exchange for RM10 voucher).

The situation got worse with time. More and more people were joining in the crowd despite the congestion. What made things worse was the presence of inconsiderate shoppers who hogged the whole walking path to themselves with their trolleys, which caused the slow crawl behind. They were "patiently" waiting for their family members/ friends who were paying at the cashier without realizing that they were blocking the path. How "cooperative" of them to add on the joyous moment of shopping with the bunch of the crowd!

I managed to survive the messiness of the situation and bought two tops for my brother. After that, I quit and was waiting outside for Hw and Ky to finish theirs. Btw, Ky's sister looks just like a photostated version of her! Darn alike!

My next stop was downstairs - the room's corner (e.g. curtain, linen, bedsheet). It was much much more packed that it was on the second floor! I only managed to stay in the crowd for no more than 10 minutes!

I spent the whole day hanging out with Hw and Ky and their friends who were all my "juniors". However, it did not make me feel young at all which on the contrary, I felt even older looking at them, all youthful and free and their lives only revolves around going to university and studying. And... it was like their reunion in Jusco. Everywhere they went, there was just someone that they knew, be it ex-classmates, school friends, college friends, uncles, aunts etc. There I was wondering where were my friends? I would say that 90% of people my age group would be working at that hour and I was spending time shopping with people 2-3 years younger than me.

It was indeed a tough day. Even lunch was a problem. Almost all restaurants were fullhouse. My legs were aching. The crowd did not even lessen one bit (maybe a bit, for those who took half day leave).

I reached home about 5pm. It was the longest time that I had ever spent in AEON Bukit Tinggi - a whole 8 hours or so. And what did I buy? Lingerie (for my mom, sis and me), T-shirts for my younger brother and some grooming accesories from SASA. So, what was I thinking, participating in J-Card day and ended up hardly buying anything? No worries. I wasn't the only one. Hw bought lesser than me. Haha... His most lucrative buy would most probably be his jeans and his free umbrella, thanks to his friends who lined up for quite some time (darn long line! Free umbrella, duh!) and had to endure the scolding by aunties behind them for a minor misunderstanding...

Definitely a day to remember...


No comments: