Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, June 15, 2007

Shih Tzu at home...

I have a Shih Tzu at home!

Yes... Yes... I know how I use to say that my parents do not agree with having pets (besides fish) at home...

Well, I guess they agreed this time, thinking that we're old enough to take good care of our pet dog.

It all started with my younger brother, abi, who was super enthusiastic on getting a pet dog. He did quite a wholesome of research online, of what dog breed, etc. Showing them to my brother & mother every now & then, asking for opinions of which dog would be best.

Finally, he stumbled upon a friend whose friend is intending to sell off their pet Shih Tzu. He got detailed information and was very keen, bugging our lives almost everyday to proceed with keeping a pet dog.

So, I told him to prepare a proposal, with objectives & budget in it. Anticipate the risks that we're going to face. The poo, the pee, the food, the bacteria, the smell etc.

Abi was dead serious about it that he asked for a sample of proposal from me & so I did. I passed to him the proposals that I used for my work. Of course, he couldn't understand a few terms here & there e.g. collaterals, expenditures. Haha...

Anyway, he prepared one. Probably isn't the most proper & neatest of all but it was indeed good effort. He even added possible profit through selling of puppies in the "objective" part.

Not to forget, in my trip to Malacca to celebrate my grandma's birthday, we saw people exhibitioning & selling dogs at Jonker Street, which triggered us to feel like having one for ourselves.

After amending the proposal every now & again, we finally set last Sunday (10/06/07) to see the dog at his friend's friend's house. Upon seeing the dog & a little persuasion from the ex-owner & of course after negotiation of price & thorough understanding of the dog's "habits", our management (mom dearest) decided to go ahead with the idea.

So, now I have a "bitch" at home. haha... I know it sounds harsh...

I have a female dog at home. They initially named her Belle but we thought it sounded a little "ah lian/ liong". We changed her name to Latte, considering that she has white & brown color fur/hair. There were a few options before we finalized her name, from Toffey to Mocha to Cappucino. Haha...

Latte has gotten used to that name & she's quite tiao kae (jual mahal) at times. Also, she has not gotten over the potty training period. She still pees & poops around, which gets to everyone's nerves! She has gotten used to biting. Not good! Cos she broke my mom's vase while biting the plant's leaves. She played with the hiu lo (the thing to put the prayer's burning sticks - don't remember the term). Whenever, she bites around or leaves her mark behind, she gets scoldings & beatings from us allright, mainly from me, my sis & my mom (super!). Latte's one smart dog. She always show the sad, innocent, I'm sorry look when she knows she has done wrong & we're about to beat her... My maid is afraid of Latte. She runs when she saw Latte earlier & Latte thinking that my maid wants to play, ran after her! Haha...

Anyway, Latte's quietly sleeping in her cage now. WHen she's active, she can be all over the place. She hardly wants to sit in her cage. If we lock her, she'll start barking. However, when she's tired or lazy, she wouldn't even bother standing. She just lies down flat on the floor & enters her cage when we ask her to...

Vet pricing's not cheap... Brought her to trim her face hair (too long, poking her eyes) & it cost quite a bomb!

We're just obsessed with Latte!... For now... Haha...

No comments: