Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, March 01, 2009

~Delayed - Valentine's in Carcosa Seri Negara~

We initially did not plan to celebrate Valentine's as Hc was struggling with his finals. Then, my mom asked me out of the blue whether we wanted to go Carcosa Seri Negara in KL. I had heard of that place during my stint in Nam Fatt; how my manager had "mengagung-agungkan" that place and insisted that we had our high-end event there. The offer that my mom got was through a lucky draw and was bound to expire on the 15th Feb and my dad was not keen to go to an English dining place. So, Hc and I decided to go ahead with the plan instead of putting the offer to waste.
Carcosa Seri Negara.

We left Klang at 2.15pm and were supposed to reach there at 3pm. Being blessed with the wonderful traffic in Klang, I was on the verge of giving up the idea but Hc insisted, saying that it would be a different experience to have tea in such a high-class area. We managed to reach Carcosa by 3.30pm. The place was indeed rather grand, secluded and tranquil in its very own style. The place used to be inhabited by some hotshots as it really did have a touch of royalty.

All the while, I thought it was an offer for hi-tea for two but it turned out that it was just an afternoon tea! We were served with a pot of tea each to our choice and pastries to go with tea. I had peach tea while Hc had camomile. It was really a different experience all together; indeed an eye opener, I must say... I think the price per pax for the afternoon tea is RM66++. Gosh! Can you imagine? That much of money just for a pot of tea and some pastries, and of course, the environment!

Tea with the tray of pastries.

Inside the balai.

Outside the building.

The spacious toilet.

I'm glad that Hc made the right decision to continue with the plan or else we would have missed out the opportunity to mingle with the upper class.

Not bad, not bad...

No comments: