Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, January 01, 2009

~Welcoming 2009~

Let's give a round of applause for the arrival of Yang Amat Berhormat Year 2009!

As much as I am unprepared for 2009, I am not given the choice to reject its arrival. So, whether I like it or not, I have to embrace the passing of time. It feels like as if it was just yesterday when I celebrated the arrival of year 2008 and now it's already the year after. How I wish my course would go by that fast. I still have another 1 year and 3 mths to go before I graduate from my Masters and come out a counselor. I guess the speed of time is of a subjective opinion. Time passes faster when one does not notice its presence and it slows down when one pays too much attention to its presence. How ironic...

Instead of going for countdowns in Sungei Wang, The Curve, or even AEON Bukit Tinggi, I chose to countdown in the one state where celebration is not allowed - none other than Seremban, in the state of Minangkabau, Negeri Sembilan, where the honorable Yang Dipertua just passed away a few days ago. No fireworks, no cinema, no bars... Almost zero entertainment! So, what did we do? We ended up having an alcoholic party in one of hc's friend's house with about 30 people drinking a mixture of tequila, vodka, guiness gold, coke, sprite etc. It is indeed very enjoyable to watch people's behavior and reaction as I saw them transform from totally conscious to gradual arousal to a little tipsy, then to silence and dizziness and even to the extent of being sober.

2009, you intruded without my permission; without even asking whether I was prepared for your arrival. But here you are now and I have to forcefully accept your presence... Then again, I probably am the way I am now because I feel that I have let 2008 passed by insignificantly. I feel like as if I let it come and go and I did not achieve much through out the year. And 2008 was somewhat a rough year for me as well - career ups and downs, electronic devices breaking down, dengue fever etc.

The implication?

Live 2009 to the fullest!

2009's resolution?

Reduce my procrastination!

A kind reminder: Time and tide waits for no man/woman.

No comments: