Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, January 19, 2009

~Disheartening fire~

It was by mere coincidence that I stumbled upon a fire brigade which was on the mission of saving houses on fire near my neighbourhood. The truck was initially behind my car with its siren blasting, as if shouting at me very loudly to make way. And so I did. Instead of crossing the bridge and turning right towards the PBSM area to go back home, I decided to give way and go back through the longer way - MPK, passing by ACS and making a u-turn... As I was passing by the Ng Ah Lek ice-cream row of shops, I saw the fire truck coming from my opposite direction. "Weird...," I thought to myself, "it should have gone much further ahead than me as I gave way earlier." The truck then turned left into the Hishamudin school (Islam school). My sis immediately turned her head and saw the bright red blazing fire across. Being the KPC us, I made a u-turn and drove in that area. And there we saw the fire roaring, displaying its vehement claim of who's in charge against the fire brigades.

We parked quite far and had to make our way across the field before I reached my friends house. Hers was opposite the burning houses. There I saw a devastated ex-classmate, sitting stunned on the chair, with two cute and fat rabbits in two cages respectively. When I went into my friend's house, I saw her mom with two other ladies - one sobbing her heart out (3rd house owner a.k.a main victim) and another comforting her (2nd house owner, in which her house was burning as well).

According to my friend's mom, she said that the initiating fire came from the 3rd house's living room. The alcohol reserved for CNY in the house contributed to the speed of the fire spreading. The uncontrollable fire then made its way to the roof of the 2nd and 4th house. I could hear the sound of ceilling crashing down and see sparks of fire flew high in the air. Looking at the fire, I felt helpless and deeply disheartened by the saddening event that befell the unfortunate families; whatmore, CNY is just around the corner. Despite the gloominess of the event, I for once, was proud of our very own fire brigade who were trying their very best to put out the fire. The fire did run wild a few times during the night as it threatened to enlarge its conquest towards the 1st and 5th house but the fire brigade managed to hold it down after much struggle.

I left before the fire was put out entirely but it was already under control by then. I almost weld up in tears when I hugged my ex-classmate, trying to comfort her, yet not knowing what words to say as any words of comfort would be to no avail at that time. All I could offer was a hug; a wordless emotional support...

Front view: Bigger fire on the roof of the 3rd house. Smaller fire making its way towards the 1st house. 2nd house was still burning. The fire was more obvious from the back lane.

Picture taken when the fire suddenly got bigger. I could hear the fireman standing on the roof nearby the fire shouted in a shock.

Come to think about it, I should've taken a short video to provide a clearer description/ preview of the incident...

By the end of the night, I was thinking about what I would have taken from the house if such an unfortunate event were to hit me. Initially, all I thought of was probably hc's gift which I had kept in a box in my room. IC etc. would all be in my bag already, so all I need to do is to grab that bag that's all. Then, it hit me! How could I have not thought about it?! The other main thing that I would grab would be my dearest dog - Latte...

What would my sis take? Her laptop, no doubt...

What would you have thought about and what would you take in that split second?

No comments: