Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, October 30, 2008

~Wrong Guy!~

Yesterday was indeed a memorable day. Not that it was sweet or romantic etc. It turned out that my impulsiveness was fruitful but in the wrong way. Let's see.. I was expecting to fruit durian, instead I got ... some other "didn't really matter" fruit.

This was what happened. Yesterday night, there was the Top 10 concert in Pin Hwa School, Klang for school charity. I wasn't suppose to attend because I had class in KL. I managed to come back at 10.30 and rushed to the school. To my utter confusion of emotions, I managed to catch 1.5 final performance of theirs, meaning half of the second last performer and their last group singing. *That's why the confusion of feelings - whether to be delighted or disappointed*

Anyways, we (the board of directors, organizers, performers etc) went for supper together. It was a usual activity after the concert. And there we were again, in the same restaurant, as the one that I had taken picture with Michael Wong/ Guang Liang few years back. *a picture just to refresh the memory*
Guang Liang is the one in the checkered top and me in the red jacket. This was way back in 2003/2004?

We (my sister and I) were yippy-yapping with the older generations. Duh! Of course we couldn't hang out with the bunch of young singers and dancers because we were there thanks to our dad who's in the committee. We were actually sitting with Mr.Robin and Qing Yong came once in a while to have a drink or two. Mr. Robin and Qing Yong are two famous singers from the previous generation, catering to the older folks who find it hard to appreciate modern music.

After supper, people started standing up and they were preparing to leave. That was when my sis got anxious and she kinda urged to approach them for a picture or two. I seriously reluctant because it would portray how desperate I was but my "id" was pushing the impulsiveness in me. So, just as the first singer approached the door (we were sitting near the door) I stood up and said "Den Yi Xia!" (Wait!) and requested that we take picture. The thing is, I didn't specify with who and I told the assistants that we wanted a group picture. Now... Things were a bit havoc and haywire at that moment because people were standing up and bidding their goodbyes. In order to not waste time, we ended up taking a picture with that guy that I approach, instead of the guy that we really wanted a picture with. It was weird... seriously...

As the singers were walking towards their vehicle, we gave up hope. So, in we went the restaurant. But the singers suddenly walked back towards the restaurant. And it was the restaurant people who were taking group pictures with them outside. We, on the other hand, were "locked" in cos they closed the door. To go or not to go, that was the question. In the end, we decided to stay in due to "face"...

After they were done, my sis urged me to go forward and request a photo with the original guy that we wanted a picture with. Alas, he was gradually walking away, much too far to be reached and we let the opportunity slip...

There was it.. The night of mistaken guy... Haha...

The guy that we originally wanted a picture with - Andrew Tan - Chen Shi An

The guy that we ended up taking picture with - He Zhi Jian

Compare the both of them...

Performers on the stage at the end

No comments: