Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, April 20, 2007

Done with University, moving on to the Society's school...

Hello everyone... I haven't been blogging for quite a while & here I am now, in my working place, blogging while my manager is away (she is on MC leave today)...

Anyway here are the updates... (quite a long blog)

GRADUATION:

I had a family photo session with my graduation robe on last Saturday evening (14.4.07). It was a memorable & meaningful one cos we've never had that opportunity in the past. I asked HC to come along, which he did. Hahahaa... It was fun cos we were required to post & smile, this n that... HC & I took 2 pictures together... One thing bad though.. I looked damn damn damn ROUND with my mortarboard on! Also, I didn't have my CUm Laude string with me..

THe official graduation was the very next day organized by HELP University College in Shangri La Hotel. I went in the morning with Yi n her parents. HC couldn't/ didn't want to come due to several reasons - expensive, troublesome, timing etc. Well, I gave him a choice of family photo or graduation n he chose the former. There were a lot of ppl, most with flowers in their hands along with a bear with a mortarboard in the bouquettes. My parents came later, only managed to see them after the whole ceremony (they were at teh guest seats). Sadly yet uniquely for us, there were only 3 students gaduating from BSU (Me, Yi & Sheila). During the group photo session, the VIPS were more than the students. Quite empty, sigh... Mr.Sunjay Phukan (i hope it's the right spelling) & Dr. Kong gave us the recognition & the cert. It wasn't as colorful the scene in comparison to BSU's graduation. BSU's lecturers were PhD levels n they had various patterns of robes, hoods & even mortarboards. But there were a few outstanding one in the HELP graduation - feathery ones by invited overseas people. Dr.Goh was very adorable,as usual. Tiny in a huge, black n blue robe with the round, artist hat. Haha...

Yi had a photo session with her family on that day. The package was quite expensive actually as compared to mine... Anyway, the desert was yummy n the whole occassion was a success. I am now an OFFICIAL GRADUATE!

EMPLOYMENT:

I am currently a probation employee in NamFatt Corporation Berhad, located in Klang (next to Am Bank, Stc Chartered Bank & Maxis). Today is my 5th day of work & there will be more days to come, at least that's wat I anticipate...

Previously, I was looking forward to work in event organizing companies but the offer came later than NF's. Just the day when I signed the employment with NF that the lady from Crystal Edge called me. She said her manager wasn't around so she had to drag 2 weeks before she could contact me. In my opinion, however, they offered some1 else and that some1 else turned down their offer. I must be like their 3rd or 4th offer I guess. My desire to work in the event organizing field was motivated by the entertainment news, mostly showed on TV. Wheneva I watch a succesful concert, I felt the urge to be there, to be apart of the team that brought the concert to its success. Alas, Galaxy didn't want me. Crystal Edge would be my stepping stone in this line but I had to forego. Probably some things are meant to be dreams & reality remains reality. Plus, I was worried that my brain couldn't handle the stress of events(due to irregular working hours). If I had the chance in the near future, I am willing to venture into that field...

So, here I am now in NF, working as a Sales & Marketing Exec. Many asked y? What has psychology got to do with this job? During interviews, it was easy to link the foreign job fields but now, based on a 5 days working experience, I haven't seen or used the application besides using psychology to adapt to the environment & getting to know people (there aren't many that I know). I was called into a meeting on Wednesday during the last minute. It was a proposal by the interior designer regarding our upcoming project. Of course, I wasn't familiar with their interior design, architect jargons. What interest me more was the behavior of the many managers in the room. Some were listening, some were on the phone, some were walking in n out... Different ways of behaving attracted my attention... I preferred observing people than to understand what interior designing was all about... Psychology roots huh?

I'm not saying that I hate my job. There are a lot of things to learn, no doubt. So far, it's still a pleasant environment. Not bad.. My manager sayang me (newbie ma... haha). A few nice n friendly colleagues (& I believe the number will increase in time).

I am still undergoing assessments by UOB. I haven't let that chance go. I would definitely not let go a better chance if I were to be offered one. At the same time also applying for Nestle & HSBC...

Another thing... THere seems to be "constant" employees leaving the company and new employees coming in. I wonder y the leaving? I remembered seeing a girl during my 2nd visit to NF & she was gone when I started work. THe other day, I heard another 1 or 2 leaving the company. Then, there are new people coming in as well... It's weird...

*I got hints that my manager probably isn't as nice as she portrays herself to be...* (No comments for now)

MAY'S BIRTHDAY:

My "lesbian" partner, dearest QIan May, is coming back this weekend to meet up with us & to celebrate her belated birthday. I suggested eating dim sum & putting the candle on either the siu mai or ha kau but she didn't want to. I suggested chee cheong fun instead... Hahaha...

No comments: