Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Dance... a disappointed night...

I'm taking dance classes as my elective this sem & some of the dances that i've learned are waltz, foxtrot, tango, including Argentinian tango, swing, salsa n the latest - rhumba & cha cha. Well, it may sound a lot but what i've learnt are just the basics. Ntg much. Max, maybe a turn or two, that's all. N these r all partner dancing. I usually don get to practice my 'follower aka girl' steps at home cos I have to be the leader aka guy at home to practice n dance with my housemates. It's during class when i get to dance as a follower. Because this is a 'relaxing' physical ed class, i suppose the teachers (a pair of husband n wife) aren't strict with us. They focus more on having fun instead of skills, perfromance etc. I guess it's just the expectation and standards difference that we have. Bear in mind that this is a basic's class & not everyone has the same pace. So, i am the 1 who should adjust n not judge the class based on my expectations. I was kinda hoping for more...

It was compulsory for us to attend dance parties organized by the teachers. So, we went last Saturday. To me, it was a disappointment. Why? To begin with, I was frustrated with the proper attire. The theme was balck n white n it wasn't a jeans occassion. Not that it's hard to find such colors or clothing, i just somehow couldn't find suitable ones. I wore my white summer dress in the end which I wasn't satisfied with. It was cold n skirts wasn't rily in my initial plan. Plus, i just feel 'huge/fat' from waist up wearing that dress. Sigh... Anyway, what made me disappointed was that the party lacked of guys, or should i say lacked of ppl that I know. We were sitting with our Asian bunch n most of the people came with their bunch or their partner. Maybe it was our fault fo r not being able to blend n huha around. Through out the night, I only danced with 1 genuine guy while the rest of the time i danced as the guy with my other girl friends. Anothr thing was that the steps that we knew were very very very extremely limited - all were just plain basics. There weren't much variation. With the accumulative reason, it kinda led on to boredom. Quite a frustrating n unsatisfying night, I would say esp when I'm a dancing person n i was kinda looking forward to having fun but it didn't turn out the way I expected it to be. I have to attend another dance party. I'm gonna do research on more dance steps so that we don stick to basics n repeat the whole boring cycle...

Previously, I took latin classes & I quit when I came to US. I feel like continuing my latin dance. N now, i even wanna learn tango, esp Argentina tango (rily captivating) n swing (challenging). Call me crazy, but i'm all over partner dancing now. So, if my bf (ahem, u know who, hehe) read this, pls keep urself prepared, physical n mentally cos if ur uncomfortable with my interest, u gotta 'sacrifice' urself n learn the dance to be my partner. Hahaha...


No comments: